Thursday, April 10, 2008

Roasted Lemon Chicken with Green Beans and Potatoes


The cast and crew for this meal:
chicken breasts, green beans, 3 lemons, 2 potatoes, garlic, olive oil


First line the bottom of a baking dish with lemon slices. Drizzle with 1 TBSP of olive oil and cover with green beans.


Mix together some fresh garlic, 2 TBSP olive oil, and the juice of one lemon


Chop up the potatoes


Put the potatoes in the liquid mixture and mix around. Pour on top of the green beans and lemons.


It will look like this...Now place in the oven and cook at 450 for 30 minutes.


Then chop up (or get your husband to chop them) your chicken breasts. I used frozen breasts I had defrosted. You can cut into strips or however you like.
Cook for another 20 minutes (depending on how thick your chicken is, just cook until chicken is cooked through).
I forgot to take an after picture so sorry about the yucky raw chicken picture!

Our take-
MM says: "It was an easy, good quality meal"
I say: "Ew. Too lemony or something. I thought the chicken was tasteless and the green beans were too acidic or something. The potatoes were great!"

So I debated posting this meal because I don't think I will make it again, but as this blog is named "adventures in cooking" sometimes the adventure may go well, or not so well. :) Other than the potatoes, I would only recommend this meal if you like very lemony food and baked tasteless chicken.

No comments: