Sunday, January 17, 2010

Bruschetta

If you like to cook and you haven't seen Julie & Julia- you should go rent it today. Ever since watching it I have wanted to eat the bruschetta Julie makes. Winter in Oklahoma is not the best time of year for buying tomatoes, so I will have to try it in the summer.



First I selected some bread, and cut it into pieces. I cut mine a bit too thick.


Heat up some olive oil in a pan.


Toast the bread until brown on each side.


In a bowl mix together various types of tomatoes, garlic, and chopped basil leaves. Spoon the tomato mixture on top of the bread and sprinkle with cheese.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the recipes and your opinion - Annie and I have just sat here for the last hour going through them and I can't wait to start making them. I really enjoy your blog and will be stopping by again soon so keep cooking!

Autumn

Emily said...

Ok, A) How did I not know you had a cooking blog? Cooking blogs are my obsession.
and
B) You're recipes look really good...especially for the family. I'm making the whole chicken in the crockpot with onions and lemons this week.