Saturday, November 21, 2009

Crockpot Chicken

This one is so easy:


Place onions, garlic, and lemons in the bottom of your crockpot. (Or celery, potatoes, carrots, anything you like).


Take a whole chicken and rinse in water. (I bought the kind of chicken that already has the inside parts taken out. Otherwise, you would need to fish those out at this time.) Cover the chicken with seasoned salt.


Place breast down over the veggies. Cover and cook on low or high depending how long you will have it in there. I left this while I was at work all day so I put it on the low- 10 hour setting.


When I came home this is what it looked like. Mmm Mmm! You can save the broth to have chicken broth on hand.


Cut and serve.


The chicken was tender, but not really flavorful. I may add more lemons and seasoned salt next time. I will definitely make this again. Depending on how big your family is, you can use the left overs in tacos, enchiladas, sandwiches, salad, or soup.

2 comments:

Paula's Spot for Thoughts said...

YUM, I need to get me a German Crock Pot~~

Heather said...

The secret to flavorful chicken is to put some lemon wedges inside the chicken cavity. I put 3 lemon quarters in the chicken and it turned out delicious!