Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Lemon-Herb Turkey Breast

I made this turkey for Thanksgiving as we were having a small crowd. It was really good and easy. My husband said it was "the best turkey he had the privilege of tasting". I bought a 3LB turkey that had all of the inside parts removed. I put it in the fridge 24 hours before cooking to begin defrosting.

First you prepare the marinade:

1/4 Lemon juice

rder="0">
2 T of dijon mustard


1/2 C of dry white wine


1 teaspoon of rosemary (fresh probably would have been better, but for as small as the amount was I didn't want to buy a whole carton of fresh herbs)



1 teaspoon of oregano


2 cloves of garlic


Mix together


Place the turkey breast in the crock pot


Cover with mixture. Cook on low for 6-8 hours; basting occasionally if possible.


When it is time to eat remove the netting, carve, and serve.

No comments: