Friday, July 31, 2009

Awesome Chocolate Sheet Cake

I was given this recipe and cake pan for a wedding gift. I didn't try it for a few years because it sounded really complicated. I wish I would have tried it earlier because this chocolate cake is moist, delicious, and turns out great every time!


The Cake:

First mix together the dry ingredients-

2 Cups of flour

2 cups of sugar

4 T of cocoa

Then mix the hot mixture on the stove- 1/2 C of butter

1/2 C of vegetable oil

1 C of water

Let the ingredients come to a boil

Add the hot mixture to the dry mixture

Stir together well

Add 1 C of buttermilk

1 t of soda

1 t vanilla

2 eggs, beaten, I just beat them with a fork

add the eggs

Mix together well

Pour into a well-greased and floured jelly roll pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

THE ICING:

Melt 1/2 c of butter, (I use the same pan as before, any way to cut down on dish consumption)

Add 4 T of cocoa

6 T of milk

Bring ingredients to a boil

Take off the heat and add 1 c at a time, 3-4 cups of powdered sugar

Use an electric mixer and mix well; you can also mix in nuts once you have the icing made, if you like.

Pour over the cake.
YUM! Serve with milk...delicious!
I have a printable recipe if you need one.

1 comment:

Paula said...

Alan says it was one of the best birthday cakes he has ever had!!

Thanks so much for bringing it~