Sunday, July 12, 2009

Coq au vin

Coq au vin is French for "Rooster in Wine". This is a chicken dish that my mom made growing up that I always really liked. I called her and got the recipe, which didn't involve any exact measurements. I will have to work at it bit to get it just right.


You will need: chicken (chicken tenders work best), onion, 1 garlic clove, bacon, butter or olive oil, mushrooms, and white wine or apple juice


Cook the chicken in a pan in 4 oz of butter or some olive oil. Add garlic clove. When chicken is cooked remove from pan.


In the same pan cook chopped onions,


Add chopped bacon, and when bacon is cooked through and onions are soft add:


Chopped mushrooms, stirring around occasionally until soft.


Then add 1/4 c of flour


1 C of White wine or apple juice


Stir all together until heated through and flour and wine make a sauce.
Serve over rice with vegetables.
I forgot to take a final picture, but the meal turned out good. Not quite how I remember my Mom's tasting, but very tasty. Bon appetit!!

No comments: