Thursday, October 9, 2008

Latest favorite


I used to have this size glass pyrex bowl and a 1 cup size until about a month ago. I lost my balance getting them from one of the top cabinets, dropped them both and found myself in the middle of a sea of glass. Michael carried me out of the kitchen -and cleaned the mess- there was glass all over the floor, cabinets, in my kitchenaid mixer, glass pierced through the bag of amish friendship bread I was making and got inside there...quite traumatic! :) BUT- I missed them because they were handy for measuring out ingredients, making the perfect chai, etc.

Then I saw these in a real simple magazine and thought they might be safer for me.




The formal description: Made of firmly flexible silicone, these sturdy measuring cups have a textured outer surface that provides a secure grip. When the handle-free cups are held, their flexible rims automatically form spouts for pouring liquid or dry ingredients with pinpoint control. Easy-to-read calibrations on both sides afford precise measuring. The cups’ narrow shapes are especially helpful when gradually adding ingredients to the bowl of an electric mixer, and the large cup can double as a mixing bowl for use with an immersion blender. Heat resistant up to 490°F, the food-grade European silicone won’t yellow over time, and the bowls nest for compact storage. Microwave and dishwasher safe. 1, 2 and 4-cup cap.; 6 1/2", 7" and 8" high. Set of 3, one of each size.


So they have the measurements on the side, you can squeeze them to control the amount you pour, have high heat resistance, and best of all unbreakable!

No comments: