Sunday, January 11, 2009

Papa Dodgen's Biscuits

My mom's family put together a cookbook of family recipes several years ago. I tried making these biscuits for the first time today. I am glad to have the recipes as our family continues to change with losing our loved family members and gaining some new additions too.

First preheat your oven to 425


Mix together 1 1/2 C of flour, 1 T baking powder, 1 t baking soda, 1 T sugar, 1 T of oil, a little bit of salt


Then add 2/3 C of buttermilk
You will have to look at see if you need a little more flour for your dough to look right


Roll out on wax paper for easy clean up


Cut out your biscuits with a small glass or biscuit cutters. I got these for Christmas.
Place on a lightly greased pan and cook at 425 for 12-15 minutes


This recipe makes 6 biscuits, you can double as needed.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I love your cooking page! And I love that you have pictures of the ingredients and of the food as you are preparing it. I want to make some of these dishes now!